CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 25, 2014

"As Christ Loved the Church..."

Has anyone else noticed the current trend within the church that encourages us to essentially hate and write off the Church for her many shortcomings? I have, and it saddens me. While I have to admit that we haven't been the perfect example of Christ's love over the centuries, we are those who Christ loved and gave Himself for (Eph. 5:25).

Too often we expect perfection from those who are mere sinners, saved from eternal wrath by the blood of a loving Savior. We nitpick every fault and claim her to be totally ineffective for Christ. This isn't our calling, nor our purpose! God created us to rely on one another though Him, to strengthen each other and to make up for each other's weaknesses. We are precious to God, not only as individuals but also as a whole. How dare we be so arrogant as to call what has been made clean by the blood of Christ something filthy or something to be ashamed of?

The truth is, we're all filthy, stained, and wretched. It is Jesus who makes the difference. I love my Savior, and I therefore pledge myself to love His body, His bride. I love the people of God, and I'm sorry to say I've been one of those who mocked and ridiculed the Church. She may not be perfect, but she is loved by Christ. That is all I need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment