CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Calling

"The craziest thing happened to me this morning. When I opened my eyes, the first thought I had was literally from Isaiah 5:6-7, which talks about Isaiah being in the presence of God. He explains that he is 'a man of unclean lips,' then a seraphim touches a burning coal to his lips and tells him that his sin is atoned for.

Later this morning, I was sitting at Starbucks drinking a vanilla chai latte, reading Worship Matters by Bob Kauflin, when I stumbled across the page that you see pictured.

Finally, the message at church today centered around the church in Acts, particularly the passage about Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch, and Philip's willingness to answer God's call. The last slide on the projector was a quote from Isaiah 6:8. It simply said, "Here I Am. Send me!"

Is that crazy or what?"


--

"As if all of that craziness I posted earlier wasn't mind-boggling enough, I went to a completely different church tonight and we sang THIS:

To the desperate eyes and reaching hands
To the suffering and the lean
To the ones the world has cast aside
Where you want me I will be

I will go, I will go
I will go, Lord send me
To the world, To the lost

To the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I'm clay within your hands
I will go, I will go, send me

Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing You've poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change

I wanna live for you
Go where you lead me
I wanna follow you


-I Will Go by Starfield"

--


"I do believe I've just experienced the strongest, most blatantly obvious call to missions today.

So God, I know what You want. The question is where, how, and when.

Here I am. Send me."


----

If you're wondering what I'm posting here, this is something that happened to me on September 2nd of this year. You see, ever since I was an awkward junior higher sitting in my eighth grade class, I've had this deep, quiet, hidden desire to be a missionary. As I grew older and learned more about the Savior I was serving, that desire grew with me. I'm not sure what it's going to look like yet -- where I'm supposed to go, what I'll do, and for how long, but it's a genuine desire. What you see above are my facebook posts from that day.


Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will act.
(Psalm 37:4-5 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment