CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Anthem of My Life

Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You. Psalm 73:25



Oh, if only that could be the anthem of my life! I so long to live a radical, sold-out life for Jesus Christ. I desire to reach out, to serve, to spread the richness and beauty of my Savior before I get any older.

I want to push ahead, to seek out and accept challenges with a joyful and willing heart, to do the things that aren't easy. I want to take others by the hand and join in a relentless pursuit of our God. If only I could pull others out of the pit and by God's grace, help them find level ground. I want to be transparent, letting the Holy Spirit shine through me at every angle, that I might disappear and that He might be glorified.

This burden, though I don't understand it, is growing stronger every day, but how can I bring my Savior glory when I can't even accomplish the bare minimum? I burn bridges instead of building them. I tear people down instead of encouraging them. I waste countless hours in procrastination and selfishness instead of redeeming the time.


Oh God, help me to be faithful in the small things! Let my life please You right here, right now. Thank You for supplying me with strength and for upholding me with Your mighty hand. May You and only You be exalted, Lord. Let me yearn for You with all I am! With all I have! To YOU be the glory!!!

Jesus, You satisfy me completely. When I allow Your love to consume my heart, there are no empty spaces left. Your immeasurable love fills every hole, every crack. When my heart is full of You and bursting with Your steadfast love, what more could I possibly want? You fill me completely and You heal this shattered heart. Your love makes me new; it transforms me completely. "Whom have I in heaven but You?" When I have Your all-satisfying love, how could I ever ask for more? Why should I desire more when I have everything in You?



And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 3:18

1 comment:

  1. Very well written. Look at the characters of the old testament and who God used, I am confident and sure He will/does use you also.

    ReplyDelete